This website https://DormPress.com (“Website”), DormPress mobile applications for iOS, Android, Windows, and other platforms (“Applications,” each one of them separately will be referred to as “Application”), and various related services (collectively, the Website, Applications and related DormPress services, including any updates and new versions, will be referred to as the “Services”) are operated by DormPress, Inc. (“DormPress,” “we,” or “us”).
Information We Collect Through our Services
We may collect the following types of information through our Services (“Collected Data”): Information that is directly provided to us, such as personal information you provide, information that is automatically collected from you, such as information collected from your browser or device, geolocation information and information about your interests.
- Information Provided to Us by YouWhen you order Services on our Website or Application, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, third party payment provider information (e.g. credit card or PayPal account information), and billing information. We may collect information about the types of news feeds (e.g. sports, campus, entertainment, etc.) that you create. We collect this information to suggest content that may be of interest to you and to tailor your experience to meet your special interests. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply. We may also collect personal information, such as at other points in our Service that state that personal information is being collected.
- Information Collected via Technology
- Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include how you use the Application, and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Application crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application. This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we reserve the right to use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format user can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ personal information.
- Information About Your InterestsTo make inferences about your interests and content preferences we may collect information about how you view and interact with content through our Services. When you visit and navigate the Services, we collect information about your reading patterns, including, but not limited to, the headlines that you see and/or click on, how long you spend on each story, what percentage of the page is visible to you, as well as actions you take on the story page, including liking/disliking the story and sharing it via email or social networks (we don’t collect any information about recipients of the shared story).
You can stop all collection of information by the Application by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
How We Use the Information
We use your personally identifiable information to contact you through email, to provide the Services to you, and to identify your account to you in the Services (e.g. show you your profile picture and name).
We may retain your personally identifiable information for as long as necessary to provide the Services to you, provide services to our business partners, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, and enforce our agreements, or as long as we have a legitimate business need.
We use your non-personally identifiable information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, personalize, and improve our Services, content and advertising, for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes, for internal reporting and marketing purposes, as well as to understand and analyze trends, conduct research and test new features, monitor aggregate usage by Users and perform aggregate analysis, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and share data with publishers, advertisers and other third parties. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
DormPress only shares your personally identifiable information with third parties in the following scenarios:
- You have explicitly given us consent to share your personally identifiable information with third parties.
- Your personally identifiable information is provided to our subsidiaries or affiliated companies.
- Your personally identifiable information is provided to our trusted vendors or service providers in order to perform a service for DormPress. These companies are authorized to use data shared with them only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- When it is reasonably necessary to disclose specific information as required by law, regulations, legal process or governmental request.
- When DormPress in good faith believes that disclosing your personally identifiable information to third parties is reasonably necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action (in our sole discretion) regarding potentially illegal activities, fraud, security or technical issues, or prevent harm to the rights, property, or safety of DormPress, its Users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We may sell or transfer your personally identifiable information to a successor entity in connection with a corporate merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, consolidation, bankruptcy, or other corporate change.
We may use, transfer, and share aggregated and/or de-identified information about Users, which is not associated with an identifiable User, with third parties without limitations.
DormPress is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while the Company uses reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, the Company cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Third-Party Links and Websites
Our Policy Towards Children
Our Services are not directed to individuals under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on the jurisdiction, has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at support@DormPress.com.
Questions and Feedback